Yesterday was a nice mild rainy SPRING like day , as the rain was falling the birds and critters were feasting and other birds were singing the praises of SPRING in the air . In between the rain and the odd moment of it taking a break I popped out side to enjoy the freshness of it all .
The Turkey Vultures are now back and were soaring the cloudy sky on this rainy day looking for some pickings .
My Forsythia bush is full of buds , I love it’s dainty yellow flowers .
Rain drops every where !
A wet dog lol ! Miggs doesn't like rainy days really but she try's to !
Two woodpeckers were busy chasing each other off from the feeders and suet !
Black Squirrel feasting at his feeder as he was all wet YUK !
This is Speedy , he was trying to dodge the water drops from the tree and kept getting soaked then would shake like mad and water flew from him lol !
All my gardens have SPRING flowers growing some have grown more then others but still a good sign !
One of our many Robins taking a break in the rain .
As the rain falls the Grackles take advantage of it to hoard on the food whilst the other birdies take cover . Oh look suet as he looks up at it !
Oh look I see the sun trying to come out now looks like we will get some sun shine today after all GOODY ! I cant believe SPRING is just around the corner , I am soo excited , like a kid in a candy store lol !
Our SPRING birds that have now returned are : Grackles as you can see here , Starlings , Morning Doves , Song Sparrows , Robins , Cow Birds, Killdeer , Red Winged black birds, Eastern Blue birds , Cedar Waxwings and Turkey Vultures .
There is a big storm approaching from the states up this way . Thunderstorms in southwestern Ontario overnight tonight 20cm or 7 inches of snow in northern Ontario YIKES . I’ll take the rain down here in southwestern Ontario thank you !
Until next time .
Country Gal
0 Comments