Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DVD Afternoon Podcast #13: A Symbol Of My Individuality And My Belief In Personal Freedom

Heather Noel and I didn't agree on much in this week's episode of the DVD Afternoon podcast, but perversely, I think that only made the process of recording it that much more entertaining. I was quite taken with Ang Lee's Ride With the Devil and its unusual approach to history; she thought the script took way too long to raise the stakes on the characters. She thought Marlon Brando's snakeskin-jacketed drifter in The Fugitive Kind was the sexiest damn thing ever; I couldn't quite get into Anna Magnani's character. But we came together in the final segment of the show, recalling age-inappropriate moviegoing experiences, hoping Terry Gilliam recovers soon from his ongoing creative slump, and bonding over our shared affection for Bob Balaban.

You can download the episode from iTunes, or you can save yourself some fuss and simply click here. You're also invited to send your comments and suggestions to us at our new feedback e-mail address: dvdafternoon [at] gmail.com. Phrase things eloquently enough, and we'll read your letter on the air!

Post a Comment

0 Comments