Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Looking back over the years......

 God 2009 was a strange time! I decided to have a look back over old blog posts to see how far the blog has travelled. It was HYSTERICAL! I was in pieces laughing at myself!!! It was just too funny reading all the old stuff and seeing the sort of things I was interested in back then! This is one of the fun sides to blogging and recording your life in (sometimes graphic) details - you can review it! I pulled a few images where I just broke myself laughing or missed items of clothing.....
I still wear that bowler hat! It's starting to look a little sorry for itself now though! My hair was so short as well! I could do with chopping off a layer or six right now though! My ends are destroyed!

Photo one - This was taken in the newsroom in college. I am wearing a black cardigan - which I still own, earrings which I own but are a bit screwed now and a scarf which I still have. I am also wearing rebel lipstick too! I wish I had combed my hair a bit though....oh dear....
PHOTO TWO : I look cold here! I loved that jacket more then any jacket I have ever owned. It was Topshop and because of the fancy shoulders, I thought it was mad fashionable and wore it to death. The lining fell apart and I literally had chunks of it fall out of the coat. I finally gave it up for dead this winter and retired it to the part of my wardrobe where stuff goes to die peacefully. I will mend it at some point...eventually. I'm back in that hat again!
 PHOTO THREE : This was taken in my old place in Dublin. I know by the amount of crap piled up in the background! I have that scarf on again and it features heavily in photos from that era so I am guessing I must have viewed it as 'very fashionable' and worn it to impress! I remember a lot of people used to ask me where I got it so that must be why! I rarely wear it now! I had just had my hair done so thats why it looks so fresh and clean! It's also not styled in a way I would ever do myself! I remember paying a FORTUNE for this do in Dublin. I mean even by Dublin standards I got ripped off!  I had just discovered Ruby Woo lipstick as well by the looks of things!
PHOTO THREE : I look like a serial killer! I have no make-up and wet hair in college. It's funny - I never wear those earrings but I wore them this week again! They are from Topshop and they kill my ears! I can't believe I left the house with no make-up on! ARGH! I am back in my awful cardigan and I'm wearing part of an old uniform from Quiz....I look fancy.....I am back in college again sitting in the canteen this time....

So how did the blog change?
Back in 2009 I was waaaay more open about my life and personal details. I would blog about my adventures a lot more then I do now. I guess I've become more educated about privacy online and what it means to talk openly about things. I value my privacy and I worried quite a bit about having it taken away from me!
I also swore quite a bit which doesnt happen anymore. I'm much more polite now. I also talked about more general topics and not just fashion. I spoke about TV, Current affairs and movies.

So how did your fashion change?
I was overly interested in sequins back in the day. I worked in a job where my personal style was really reigned in. I had to almost come to work in a suit so playtime meant showing all that personality that I never could. I would really dress up for nights out. This meant insane make-up, sequins, platforms and mad hairstyles. I still do dress up but it rare. I'm much more comfortable with myself these days and I know what suits me. I gave away most of the clothes from that era and I'm much happier with how I look now. I am also much better suited to where I work now too!

Post a Comment

0 Comments