Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips in Screen Siren

Gambia by Sona Jobareth

Yeah, I didn't need another liquid lipstick but after trying it in-store (pre-C-19) I had been thinking about this lip shade for quite some time. Believe it or not, I don't treat myself too often *self-induced coughing fit* so I decided to quit being cheap-da-la-cheap and just get what I wanted at full price instead of waiting for deals and scrimping for offers. In the general scheme of things, £25 ain't that bad (around £29 with shipping) and I knew what I was getting since I had already tried it before in store ... So, here it is ...

Hollywood Lips: Screen Siren

... applying ...

Screen Siren is a classic blue-based red (looked more pink on my camera?), and not only does it look like Mac's classic Ruby Woo it smells like it too. The wand is a normal doe foot with a twist - it has a spoon shape dip in it - which is a tad weird but functional. To make the application even more interesting the wand is not made of the softest material,  in fact, it's quite stiff which doesn't make the application the most pleasurable but I guess, some would say it gives more control during application. Yet, there's more - when applying the product, the formula comes out in unattractive clumps pilled on the wand's tip which thankfully is easily smoothed away but a bit alarming ...  Anyway, such petty trifles about CT's Hollywood lip wands (and clumpy formula) are and all but forgotten, and made right because of the feel/look/finish of the product on the lips and the packaging *drools*. 

initial application

The formula is not your typical liquidy runny texture that will dry down to a bulletproof matte in two seconds flat, it's more like a whipped but not slippery (more powdery) mousse which bit-by-bit dries to a soft but "tactile" finish. This is the type of lip product women in the 1950s would've dreamt of, a "matte" but comfortable lip product that didn't strip their lips of life (aka moisture) but still maintained all the glamourous seduction of the beautiful reds worn by silver screen sirens *sighs* ...  

dry down

When it dries down the lipstick no longer has the same sheen and although it's not a powdery kissproof/budge-proof finish it definitely has some form of immovability. However, I wouldn't suggest any ravenous behaviour towards food (or people!) unless you want to leave a trail behind ... Screen Siren takes a long time to dry to it's "set" finish but, even when it does, it never loses itself by becoming dry or flaky *sing with me now* which in my world makes it much more likely for me to use - even if there's a high likelihood it will smear on a mask.

... with lip liner ...

To finish this look off I used Barry M Lip Liner in 11 (Plum) to line my lips which gives some depth to the shade. I've never been much into lining my lips especially when wearing red (my lips have a bit of a natural line anyway) but in the last photo with lip liner you can see how it helps create shape and makes the overall look a little more "polished". Of course, Screen Siren looks great on its own but lately, I've really been into experimenting with lip liners so I just thought I'd show how it looks.

Barry M Plum lip liner is a great shade to really accentuate and shape the lips. It shows up well on my dark skin and it can be used with various other lip colours other than its own match. I really like the quality of Barry M lip liners and they are one of my favourite liners to use and very cost-effective. Just remember to leave me a few instore or online if you do decide to try it out (thanks).

Ingredients for Screen Siren:  Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire d'abeille Cyclohexasiloxane, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilcate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl, Acetate, Vanillin, Limonium Gerberi Extract: [May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Blue Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850)

Expiration: 9 months 

Made in Canada

End Thoughts: Screen Siren looks gorgeous, feels gorgeous and the packaging (minus the wand) is a pleasure to use and the shade a pleasure to wear. It is kinda pricey (outside drugstore) but if you hate overly dry liquid lipsticks and want a soft matte liquid lipstick which plays nice with other products (lip liners) - and you will wear it often -  it is a worthy investment to make. I'd say its a soft matte liquid lipstick with just a bit more staying power than the ones which never dry down and it's such a stylish piece to have and to use. This would be a great product for those who want to live, eat, sleep and dream in their lipstick (I'm not being literal please wash it off at night). What I'm basically trying to say is, it's a classic product which I think many people will enjoy and find they don't want for more.

Okay, now for what you really want to know - Is this the best liquid lipstick I've ever tried? ... Ah no but that doesn't mean it's not good (it's certainly not bad). Overall, I really like it and I look forward to using it in my red lipstick repertoire - the end. 


Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury products?

What's your favourite product from her line?

What's your favourite liquid lipstick brand?

Any recommendations?


Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

Stay Safe & Be Blessed


Post a Comment

0 Comments