Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Insecure Writers Support Group

Click picture for details

My name is Donna and I've been sober . . . .

Oops. Wrong group.

This is my first time participating with this group, though I've been reading other members' posts for years now. I've got two issues that are working on me right now.
Source: PowerPoint

1.    The first deals with some feedback from one CP on my current project. She raised an
issue that no one else (so far) has mentioned, but one I need to be concerned about.

It's that balancing point when a character has survived a traumatic, life-changing experience and is going through the depressed stage. It's before the character pulls himself up by his bootstraps.

How does one show the anguish and self-pity that can be incredibly poignant and powerful--and not have the character come across as a whiny, self-absorbed baby? Especially when that trigger point is going to be different for different people? I'm going to have to stew on this.


2.     My other stress comes TOMORROW with A Change of Plan's cover reveal! Squeee!

*shudders*

Stress! But ... I'm also going to show off my new book trailer--with music written by my youngest son and his band. So even if you hate the trailer, enjoy the music.

Have you ever written a character in the "depths of despair"? If so, how did you keep it from being maudlin?

Post a Comment

0 Comments