Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Two Beauties From July, 1969

Happy Friday! I am glad to present two nicer-than-usual photos from July 1969, starting with this great view showing guests as they approached the entrance to Adventureland. The crowd looks clean-cut, but brighter colors are starting to appear on clothing - even men's clothes. 

We can observe the transition of the buildings on our left from Main Street gingerbread to bamboo and palm fronds. Wave hello to Uti, proudly standing guard above the Tiki Room.
Next is a swell look at Casa de Fritos, fashioned from artisanal adobe. I have always liked the way the building looked like a mini-Alamo from one angle, and from others it resembled some of the Indian adobe settlements around the Southwest. The bougainvillea adds an informal touch of color. I wonder if that outer fireplace was ever used? Pardon me, I'm going to go in and get a beef taco and a chicken enchilada.
 

Post a Comment

0 Comments