Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frontierland & More Columbia, 1979

I'm continuing the series of photos from the Mysterious Benefactor's collection, mostly featuring the Columbia. BUT FIRST, here's a dark (but pretty) photo looking back toward the Frontierland Shooting Gallery, with the Casa de Fritos to our left. 


Here's a nice shot with the stately figurehead facing sunward, with a tangle of ropes and pulleys and toasters. If only you could hear me, I'm bellowing a salty sea shanty at the top of my lungs.


It looks like they must have hired Von Dutch to put some fancy pinstriping on the Columbia. Unfortunately there are no photos of the cool flames that were painted toward the stern of the boat.


I certainly didn't expect there to be water near a sailing ship. This is why I got a "D" in all of my classes. As you can see, our photographer (whoever he/she was) snapped many MANY photos in quick succession. Which led to a lot of repetition.


Would you believe that there are a half-dozen photos of the wooden planks that make up the dock? Well, there are, and as much as I love details, I think one of these should satisfy even the most hard core among us.


 There's lots more from the Mysterious Benefactor!

Post a Comment

0 Comments