Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Too much going on and not enough time to blog it..!

So in not so short detail....

  • WWII re-basing continues a-pace - practically all the British foot units are completed, I need to order a few slightly bigger bases for the artillery, AFV's and other vehicles... I'll do some comparison shots soon to show the difference, which I think is significant enough to warrant continuing...
  • The first Sudan game using the "A Good Dusting" rules that I mentioned has finally kicked off - I am taking pictures and noting progress.. in summary, two battalions of Imperial foot (one British, and one Sudanese) with a Gatling gun manned by the Royal Navy have been tasked with completing a reconnaissance of a native village where rumours of Dervish activity have been reported. Will they make it to the village to complete their investigations, or will the distant muffled drum sounds metamorphosise into something far more threatening?? For now, here is a shot of our gallant fellows, accompanied as always by their favourite Belgian, the now (in??)famous Captain Lucien Verbeek, observer for his majesty King Leopold II of Belgium mounted on his trusty steed "Teufel" - click on the picture for a far larger/more pleasing view of this example of Queen Victoria's might....

  • I have spent many (geekily happy) moments updating the Campaign Blog to add far more detail to the campaign diary - all the basic campaign rules are now added, and also the outcomes from the first two hours of the actual campaign... my cavalry already have a contact! In real time we are some way ahead of this and DG and I are just starting to play out our first contact using Battle Chronicler. I will make every effort to get up to speed in the next few days....
  • Lastly, somewhat of a milestone, I've just noticed that I now have 100 "poor deluded fools" following the blog.... you're all mad... Free Happy Smileys

Post a Comment

0 Comments