Next month, it'll be three years.* I don't have much to say, but I don't want to leave the day unmarked. I have a more traditional tribute planned, which will hopefully be up in a few days.
I've been re-reading "New Barbarians," a fantastic essay of his in the Cimmerian print journal: it is central to an upcoming post in the Aquiromians series, while I'm trying to decide just which of his many fantastic essays on Howard's work is "the best" for my REH analyses post. Damned hard to tell. Just going through his posts on The Cimmerian site alone and his 'zine Visions, Gryphons, Nothing & the Night should give you an idea.
Skål, sláinte, prost, and many, many cheers for Steve Tompkins.
*As Damon said, there's never a bad time to pay respects, though I'm a bit annoyed I got such an important date mixed up.
0 Comments