Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This Week in my My Frugal Kitchen

Monday was my first day back to work, so my daughter took over the dinner plans and made Sweet & Sour chicken for dinner. It was so good too. 

On Tuesday we ate Chicken Tenders, Coleslaw, and Green Beans with Onions. 

Wednesday night I made Hamburger Patties, Mac & Cheese, Green Beans with Onions, and Brussel Sprouts. 

On Thursday I made 15 Bean Cajun Soup Beans for dinner. 

This is one of the packages of chicken that my daughter picked up at Ingle's on Thursday. It worked out to $1.38 per pound.


I cooked this in the Instapot on Friday with onions. Cooking with onions and celery in the pressure cooker will infuse your chicken with those flavors, which then makes for great tasting chicken salad. 

Here is the chicken after cooking. After cooling off a bit, I separated the chicken from the bones and then went to making chicken salad. 


Here is one portion of the chicken salad afterwards. There are numerous ways to make chicken salad. I put green olives and cream cheese in mine. 


And then on Saturday I made sandwiches with the chicken salad using marked down croissants that I bought at Food City. We took these with us when we went to some yard sales. 


 What was on the menu in your home this week?

Belinda
~ Living within our Means ~

Post a Comment

0 Comments