Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Stitching Plans Gone Awry

I have started adding a few small touches of patriotic color to the house. I made new ribbons for the swans outside and added some flags to the flowers.




I added a tie to Mr. Bunny who welcomes guests.



I brought out my cross stitch piece that led to a whole lot of feeling sad because I really wanted to have a lot more small pieces done by this time. I really let myself get all mopey for about a half a day before I caught myself.



I have so many patriotic pieces I want to do and had planned to do before Memorial Day came along. I think I spent too much time of Home of a Needleworker that is still at the framers. I chided myself for doing such a large piece when I had told myself I was going to do more small pieces.

I started Lady Liberty and then didn't like her on the thread count that I started her on...changed her to a smaller piece and messed up so she is being laid aside for a little while. I am going to stitch on patriotic pieces along for a little while, but they won't be done for this year. I will have to be ok with that.

I am stitching a small dog for a June birthday for my son. That will take priority and then I will see what happens next.

I am hoping to get some time in the sewing room today to finish my summer pillow. I have had lots of goings and comings for the first part of the week.

We are expecting a lot of rain --not sure if it will be more --- this weekend. I shared my son-in-law's job site with my last post. He is NOT looking forward to the rain this weekend. I am praying it will not put it too far behind.

That is about it around here. Pretty dull, but that is the way I like it.


Hoping to see my sewing room today,
Sandy



Post a Comment

0 Comments