Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

SAVE the TATAS- Breast Cancer Awarness 2010


Today, October 19,2010 was wear "PINK" day in promoting awareness for Breast Cancer. So, with the help of my sister she created some small pink bracelets so that I could be able to give them out to some of my students and co-workers at the College Assistant Migrant Program. This is one small way to reach out to people, and make them aware of certain health issues. I wore a pink shirt that read "save the tatas" and wore my pink nike shoes. I wasn't sure how responsive my boss or other faculty would be of the message I was trying to portray but the overall impact and influence was inspirational. Everyone wanted to join in and be a part of it by just wearing this small unique bracelet. As I personally continue to receive my masters in Public Health, it is continuing to nourish my passion for outreach, health awareness and nutritio
n. Through this piece, I hope that I can address these issues in a inspirational and influential way.




BRACELETS TO PROMOTE THE CAUSE










FUN facts about BREAST cancer HEALTH!
(a few more reasons why to add fruits/vegetables to your road to healthy eating and well being)

* Breast cancer is the MOST common cancer and had the highest mortality of any cancer in women world wide.


* Dietary antioxidants help reduce DNA damage and contribute to gene stability, which can be protective measures against breast cancer.

* High intake of fruits and vegetables with reduced risk of breast. (green leafy vegetables and fruits are high in antioxidants)

* A healthy diet optimizes immune function.

* Good fats can help reduce the risk of cancer. The good fats include Borage oil, evening primerose oil, flax oil, olive oil and fish oil.

* According to a new study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, consumption of soy, fruits, and vegetables helps reduce the risk of developing breast cancer.

* Engaging in physical activity, maintaining a normal body weight and eating a healthy diet can help your breast health.


* Eat the right amount to maintain a healthy weight


* Limit red meat consumption



SHOWING SOME "PINK" AWARENESS*







Here are just a few ways to reduce the risk of Breast Cancer and be aware of the preventative measures of breast health through nutrition/physical activity.



Eat Well.
Nutribug*-*




This blog was intended to advice you in some of the health benefits of certain foods, some information may contain opinion by the writer, findings through resources on the web, and through her own educational background.




References:
http://www.breasthealthproject.com/nutrition.html
http://www.natural-holistic-health.com/breast-cancer-awareness-month-nutrition-for-breast-health/
http://www.healthinsightstoday.com/articles/v3i3/nutrition.html
http://www.breasthealthday.org/BreastCancerFact.html

Post a Comment

0 Comments