..... but, nevertheless, we carried on with getting the kitchen floor done. Only one section remains undone, which is work for today. Then it is the filling in of the joins tomorrow (Saturday), and then we are finished. Hooray!!! Sunday, being the day of rest for some, will not be for us, as we head out into the paddocks to get the fencing finished so that the piglets and their mum can get out onto grass.They need to stretch their legs, and the food bill is escalating now the piglets are eating grain, so they need to get onto grass so they can root around and dig holes, a past time which little piggies love. This will also reduce the cost of keeping them. I have also earmarked Sunday as the day I am going to have a go at sourdough, as inspired by Horst (see his blog in the side bar).
.....now all I have to do is get my butt out of this chair, get dressed, and go start that cement mixer, fighting the inclination all the while to catch a nap, preferably back in bed. Lester is out and about getting the animals sorted out for the day, and I know that he is as tired as I am. He is building a handsome set of muscles, though, which are very much appreciated by myself. I am also firming up, and will have benefited from the concreting work once the planky stiffness goes away. All in all, this is a good lifestyle to get one fitter and trimmer, better than going down the gym or vegetating in front of the telly, although vegetating in bed is a very seductive thought at this precise moment....
.....so I need to get going otherwise I shall remain fixed into this chair for the rest of the day, .....so saying bye for now, and hope you have a good day.
Vx
****
10.30 pm, and it is now the evening of the day.
..... and despite being cross eyed with tiredness we got that cement mixer going, and the last portion of floor has been laid,
which means that the floor is done,
although the seams need to be filled in,
which is lighter work compared to the rest of the floor.
We finished just in time to celebrate our efforts,
so it was off to our local winery to get five litres of red wine straight from the vats,
which cost all of about £5,
and then off the to the local supermarket to buy chocolate among other things,
because we felt the need to pamper ourselves,
which we don't often do,
but then it is not often we concrete a floor!
Vx

0 Comments