Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nifty Presents - Archie's Madhouse!


Archie's Madhouse had morphed into Madhouse Glads when I was first bopping into comics, and alas looked too goofy for a serious superhero fan like me. I found I always liked to read Archie comics, but felt since they were girl books, I was compelled to do it in secret, but since no one was paying much attention to me in that regard, I must've been hiding from myself. The series took a brief spin into legit horror when Gray Morrow stepped in along with Frank Thorne and a few others and was called just Madhouse, before becoming just Madhouse Comics until its cancellation in the early years of the Reagan administration. When I started to get access to the vintage covers from the earliest days of the comic, I realized it had been a most vigorous offering in areas I cared much about -- classic monsters and outer space with superhero spoofs thrown in for good measure. This tome from Yoe Books documents that time and gives more than a good glimpse of just how entertaining a good Archie comic could be. I gave both my adult daughters some Archie comics for Christmas (among other things of course...I'm not that cheap...well?) and they returned the favor with this outstanding book.









Rip Off

Post a Comment

0 Comments