Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Harvesting

Blast! I was hoping the wasps wouldn't find our greengages but of course they have. They have ruined about 10 so I have left those on and picked the rest early. I also harvested all the large chilli peppers from the two plants I grew this year.

They are now in the conservatory to ripen:
It would have been no good leaving them out as the wasps would destroy the rest of the greengages (only a few this year off my espallier grown tree) and the nights were getting too cold for the chilli plants.

The cordon arch grown red pear tree is doing well:
They have to ripen off the tree so will be gathered in another couple of weeks if necessary. We also have a few quinces on our small arch grown tree:
We have a few russett apples and a few cooking apples growing as well, despite a few holes in them!

So even though the vegetable garden has mostly been rubbish this year, the fruit has performed quite well.



Post a Comment

0 Comments