Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Figures

Because I'm a bit of a minimalist, I try not to deal with toys or action figures or dolls too often. My inner child would love to play with said toys, but my outer adult doesn't want to deal with finding space to store them in. So when I do get toys and whatnot, I tend to hope that they're either small or serve some sort of purpose (ie go along with cards).


Some of you may have noticed this particular figure in some of my posts. This is a Riina Tada figure. Tada is a popular 17-year old character from the anime game franchise THE iDOLM@STER.


This is also a gasha-pon figure which means it came from those vending machines like the ones we see stateside at the supermarket selling bubble gum balls for 25 cents each. Although this one was pretty pricey at 500 yen (aprox $5 dollars).


In the absence of a Dark Magician Girl figure (looking for a small one right now), I figure having one of these stereotypical anime girl figurines isn't the worst thing.


Especially since I have a card to accompany it.

That wasn't the only figure I brought back though.


Hell yeah, Codename: Kids Next Door fucking ruled.

What made this especially timely was that I had a pack of KND cards waiting for me once I got back to NY. This was one of the packs that came way via Night Owl Cards (thanks N.O.!). I was tempted to break the pack open to see if I could get any character cards to correspond with the figures I have, but considering how rare these cards are, I decided to leave it as is until one day I get so desperate for blogging material that I change my mind.



I realized that I can do this with my favorite Star Wars characters, Kanan Jarrus and Captain Rex too. Awesome.

At the moment I've got a bunch of other cards/figures that don't have their corresponding cards/figures. Maybe I'll do more of these posts as time goes on and I acquire some. We'll see. Unfortunately a lot of my favorite cartoons aired at a time where toy sales somehow didn't factor into much. A complete opposite of the 80's where cartoons were created to sell toys and the 2010's where the toys justified the cartoons continuing to exist.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

Post a Comment

0 Comments